Senior Legal Counsel
We're always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, passionate professionals who will thrive in our fast-paced, exciting and international environment.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, yet know how to shine on your own, if you are inspired by the thought of helping to provide a NextGen service used by leading online businesses worldwide – you'll fit right in at Credorax.
Join us at Credorax, where great ideas are created, encouraged and rewarded.
Share available positions and get credit for your referrals!
Scope of Responsibility:
- Managing the legal relationship between Credorax and its merchants and partners and advising executive management and the organization on contractual matters and litigation
- Developing and maintaining templates for commercial contracts per customer and partner segments as defined by the company
- Advising and acting as business owner for changes to card scheme mandates and regulations changes affecting the company’s service offering
- Liaising with product and business owner on changes to card scheme rules and technical requirements in order to ensure corporate compliance and that business strategy is supported
- Developing and maintaining policies & procedures to support legal on commercial opportunities
- Minimizing legal and commercial exposure to the company through robust review of contracts as requested by the business or executive management.
- Identifying and mitigating risks associated with various business practices and operations
- Managing remotely 2 staff
- Travel abroad is required
- Reporting to Head of Legal & Compliance
* A Law Degree from an accredited institution required; honors, high academic standing preferred
* 7+ years in a senior legal and managerial role; international management experience a strong plus
* Experience in Commercial Law, preparedly in Europe and UK-Must
* Proven industry experience in the cards and payments sector – Advantage
* Fluent in English
* Strong knowledge of European payment services legislation, card scheme regulations, data protection and other relevant regulation
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global organization maintaining close contact with CRO, CFO, VPs of Sales, the Risk and Compliance teams
* Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to provide useful and efficient counse
* Excellent communication, negotiation skills & management skills