Senior Fraud Analyst
We're always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, passionate professionals who will thrive in our fast-paced, exciting and international environment.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, yet know how to shine on your own, if you are inspired by the thought of helping to provide a NextGen service used by leading online businesses worldwide — you'll fit right in at Credorax.
Join us at Credorax, where great ideas are created, encouraged and rewarded. Share available positions and get credit for your referrals!
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks and requirements:
- Daily monitoring and investigation of suspicious transaction, merchant and third-party activity
- Effectively liaise cross-teams and cross company, identifying fraud risk and implementing best-in-class monitoring reports and fraud mitigating procedures.
- Strong analytical ability to be able to look at fraud trends within our entire portfolio and at merchant level.
- Discuss fraud trends and processes with partners and merchants, discuss action plans and work with them to make recommendations
- Perform analysis of purchases/transactions, real-time or near real-time or via company‘s proprietary Business Intelligence tool to identify unauthorized credit card use
- Business intelligence gathering & industry best practices to combat fraud & reduce losses
- Regular preparation of reports to facilitate the explanation of fraud risk findings. Liaise with Card Schemes including, Visa and MasterCard, regarding fraud and risk-related matters
- Be extremely knowledgeable in MATCH, VMAS and Scheme chargeback and fraud programs
- Monitor and manage the Card Scheme programs including timely review of breaches, investigations, submission of appeals, submission of data to Card Schemes, and reporting to senior management as per internal process.
- Work closely with the risk team to identify problematic merchants that need to be closely monitored.
- Work closely with the fraud prevention manager to assist with adapting and building the fraud tools used by the team on a daily basis.
- Carrying out AML checks on outgoing payments in our Core Banking System
- Identifying the need for Skips where there are false hits being raised by the system
- Other ad hoc tasks delegated by the manager.
- Hold a Degree qualified in Banking & Finance, Statistics, Economics or related discipline.
- Have advanced Excel Knowledge.
- Have previous work experience in a fraud/investigative/underwriting function gained from working in Online Payments
- Be excellent at communicating in English – Both verbal & in writing.
- Be able to work under minimum supervision / high degree of independency allocated.
- Experience with billing, payments, or investigation is required.
- Experience with card-schemes fraud & chargeback programs.
Other required skills:
- Possess Strong leadership capabilities and ability to prioritize. Have good presentation skills as well as proven track record of improving fraud investigation and mitigation processes.
- Numerical skills and well conversant in excel, have a good eye for detail, able to investigative approach and excellent team player.
- Have basic SQL proficiency.
- PCI DSS concept understanding is a plus.
- Planning and organizational skills, willing to take responsibilities.
- Focus, problem solving skills, and ingenuity.
- Experience making quick, high quality decisions on complex issues.
- Has the ‘can do’ attitude and is looking to grow and succeed.