Senior Legal Counsel
We're always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, passionate professionals who will thrive in our fast-paced, exciting and international environment.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, yet know how to shine on your own, if you are inspired by the thought of helping to provide a NextGen service used by leading online businesses worldwide – you'll fit right in at Credorax.
Join us at Credorax, where great ideas are created, encouraged and rewarded.
Share available positions and get credit for your referrals!
- Managing the legal relationship between Credorax and its merchants and partners and advising executive management and the organisation on contractual matters and litigation
- Developing and maintaining templates for commercial contracts per customer and partner segments as defined by the company
- Advising and acting as business owner for changes to card scheme mandates and regulations changes affecting the company’s service offering
- Liaising with product and business owner on changes to card scheme rules and technical requirements in order to ensure corporate compliance and that business strategy is supported
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures to support legal on commercial opportunities
- Minimising legal and commercial exposure to the company through robust review of contracts as requested by the business or executive management
- Drafting and reviewing of agreements with partners, international financial institutions and (IT) solution providers
- Drawing up and revising of policies to ensure compliance with the card scheme rules, laws and regulations, industry mandates and best practices
- Developing the legal team's card schemes compliance capabilities
- Contributing to the strategic agenda of the legal team in order to support the overall group strategy and operational targets
- Identifying and mitigating risks associated with various business practices and operations
- Acting as a role model for other team members and peers in order to promote good behavior and commercial acumen across all teams in the company
- A law degree from an accredited institution required; honors, high academic standing preferred
- Proven industry experience in the cards and payments sector
- 7+ years in a senior legal and managerial role; international management experience a strong plus
- Experience in commercial law
- Strong knowledge of european payment services legislation, card scheme regulations, data protection and other relevant regulation
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global organisation maintaining close contact with CRO, CFO, VPs of sales, the risk and compliance teams
- Fluent in English, additional knowledge in other European languages a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to provide useful and efficient counsel
- Excellent communication, negotiation skills and management skills