We're always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, passionate professionals who will thrive in our fast-paced, exciting and international environment.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, yet know how to shine on your own, if you are inspired by the thought of helping to provide a NextGen service used by leading online businesses worldwide — you'll fit right in at Credorax.
Join us at Credorax, where great ideas are created, encouraged and rewarded. Share available positions and get credit for your referrals!
The Underwriting Specialist will be a member of the Credit & Underwriting Team reporting directly to the Head of Risk Operations and provide support to the company globally. He/She will work closely with team members, the Head of Risk operations and SVP of Risk on a wide range of day-to-day issues.
These duties which relate to the post of the Employee and which due to the dynamic nature of the company’s business may evolve and change continuously, include but are not limited to:
- Performing Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud and Risk checks on current and prospective clients.
- Liaising directly with internal teams, such as Legal, Fraud, Financial Risk, and Sales Operations Managers to obtain KYC documentation.
- Underwriting new applications, using tools such as Webshield, World Check and Salesforce
- Ensuring that data storage, whether electronic or physical, is in line with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate records management systems, tools, and processes are in place
- Liaising with other teams to ensure compliance with the relevant Card Schemes Rules and Regulatory requirements as pertain to merchant application files.
- Ensuring the company acts in accordance with current EU and local AML legislation, namely the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit's (FIAU) Implementing Procedures, PMLFTR and the PMLA.
- Escalate with the company’s governance structure, as appropriate, any identified GAPs, deficiencies, or requirements to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements and policies.
- Identify and suggest areas for improvements in the Underwriting process.
- Ensuring that service-level agreements (SLA) are met.
- Works with minimal supervision to meet required deadlines and task dates and is able to apply subjective judgment and select appropriate course of action
- Related Diploma or degree, or minimum of five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong experience in Underwriting, Credit analyses as well as Card Acquiring background
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Possess excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Be highly organized, pro-active, and able to work on own initiative.
- Be a team player and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Be fluent in oral and written English.
- Experience in Ecommerce and High-Risk Verticals
- Friendly team player with a professional mindset
- Those who can think for themselves and take action
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy
- Enjoying working in a fast paces and multi-cultural environment
- Easy to work with but challenging and always looking for improvement