Legal & Compliance Officer
We're always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, passionate professionals who will thrive in our fast-paced, exciting and international environment.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, yet know how to shine on your own, if you are inspired by the thought of helping to provide a NextGen service used by leading online businesses worldwide — you'll fit right in at Credorax.
Join us at Credorax, where great ideas are created, encouraged and rewarded. Share available positions and get credit for your referrals!
We are seeking to recruit a Legal & Compliance Officer to enhance our regulatory framework from both the Banking and Acquiring side of the business.
- Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program
- Responsible for identifying and assessing the compliance risks associated with the organization’s current and proposed future business activities, including new products, new business relationships and any extension of operations or network on an international level
- Advise, educate and counsel organization how to address new emerging challenging segments from a regulatory perspective
- Draft and publish Policies and Procedures on regulatory legal issues affecting the business including the impacts of PSD2 and GDPR
- Responsible for notification to company of any regulatory changes
- Performs other assignments as the Managing Directors and the Board of Directors may direct.
- Participates in professional associations; attends industry-related conventions, conferences, conventions; reads pertinent publications.
- Responsible for providing a central point of contact for all information on compliance-related issues (e.g. breach of regulation, non-respect of procedures, conflict of interest)
- Responsible for liaising with external regulators on compliance related matters and ensuring all compliance reports are submitted promptly and accurately to them
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Address employee concerns or questions on legal compliance
- Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals