VP Finance – Relocation to Malta
We're always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, passionate professionals who will thrive in our fast-paced, exciting and international environment.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, yet know how to shine on your own, if you are inspired by the thought of helping to provide a NextGen service used by leading online businesses worldwide – you'll fit right in at Credorax.
Join us at Credorax, where great ideas are created, encouraged and rewarded.
Share available positions and get credit for your referrals!
The Credorax Group was founded in 2007 by technology experts aiming to introduce a new breed of acquiring business to the market, eventually becoming one of the first high-tech companies to become a principal member of both VISA and MasterCard. The Group also holds and number of banking licenses including a pan European bank, Credorax Bank Ltd., licensed by that is by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA)
The group has enjoyed tremendous growth, and today provides online processing and acquiring services under one roof to a diverse range of online merchants and Payment Service Providers (PSPs) across Europe. In essence, Credorax is a ‘one-stop shop’, providing acquiring, payment gateway, hosted payment page fraud monitoring services and banking services, the convenience of which has been a major contributing factor to its success. The Group’s success is expected to continue, thanks to its ability to increase its partner and merchant base, coupled with the projected growth in card usage across the globe, which is predicted to continue in the future as ecommerce business continues to develop and governments focus on reducing the usage of cash within their respective economies.
The leadership of Credorax Bank is composed of senior professionals who are experts in the fields of payments, technology, law and finance, and who together have the broad set of skills and vision required to provide strategic direction and vision. Credorax Bank’s multi-national, multi-disciplinary management team has experience across the full institutional life-cycle and has previously held leadership roles on global institutions and various listed companies consistently delivering value to its stakeholders.
In order to support its growth Credorax is recruiting a VP Finance, reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer and managing all global finance teams, around 30 employees’ responsibilities will include:
Responsible to Head the Group and Bank’s financial plans, policies and fiscal operating results utilizing generally accepted accounting principles, such as cost accounting, budgets, and regulatory agency and government reports, ensuring the safeguard of Bank assets. Responsible for planning, controlling and directing the Group’s accounting and financial reporting systems. Oversees analysis and the preparation of regular reports that depict the financial status of the Bank. Directs the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting systems which provide for control of Bank assets and maintenance of financial database. Oversees the Asset Liability Management process and oversees the management of the Bank’s Investment portfolio by performing the following duties directly or through subordinates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and administers the Group and Bank’s financial and accounting policies, procedures and systems, including development of the Bank’s annual budget process and variance reporting. Reviews corporate governance guidelines for prudent reporting standards (IFRS) with guidelines of Sarbanes-Oxley. Oversees preparation of various internal, external and regulatory financial reports.
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements. Oversees the preparation of financial reports for top management, including Directors’ reports, comparative reports, peer reports, yearly/monthly tax and group accounting. Counsels management on financial controls and profitability.
- Monitors/tracks non-interest income and non-interest expense controls.
- Coaches and develops employees, including career development plans. Sets goals and evaluates individual performance of direct reports. Works with direct reports to build culture characterized by teamwork and high morale. Assures effective communication across all regions, markets and locations. Regularly communicates goals and results.
- Collaborate with the BI and technical departments to develop reporting and reconciliation tools for the finance department. Monitor the implementation of ongoing finance projects including the Credorax Bank new banking platform across the financial departments.
- Leads/oversees Asset Liability Management process (ALCO).
- Reviews financial and operational performance and is responsible for the preparation of tax returns and financial reports with assistance from external auditors, accountants.
- Oversees profit analysis for existing locations. Generates financial forecasting to assist with solid business decisions for the future.
- Together with the regional managing director/country manager ensures that all group company activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws.
- Continually investigates and introduces process improvement measures and presents suggestions to the CFO and regional managing directors of the respective location.
- Attends and presents at board meetings
- Ability to interact with clients, employees and board members with tact and diplomacy.
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, business acumen and superior leadership skills.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge/understanding of accounting practices, legal and regulatory matters and industry trends.
- Demonstrates organization, attention to detail, initiative and strong interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), collaboration and financial management skills.
- Demonstrates safe and quality conscious work habits and follows all company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Focuses on the Credorax Group vision, mission and objectives and considers the best interest of Credorax and its employees, customers and the community while performing job duties.
- Positively represents the organization with major clients, shareholders, the financial community and the public.
- Remains results driven. Demonstrates the ability to problem-solve and develop logical solutions.
- Maintains confidentiality to the highest degree.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Participates in professional associations; attends industry-related conventions, conferences, conventions; reads pertinent publications.
- Develops relationships with other bank-related executives to enhance network and to increase awareness of new services/opportunities.
- Participates in various meetings related to department operations or business functions.
- Job related travel expected at 15% to 20%
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the CFO and/or regional managing director.
- Master’s degree in business, accounting or finance and 7-10 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, within a financial institution.
- A minimum of 5 years of formal leadership experience. Experience in an Executive Leadership role and CPA certification is a must.
- Ability to identify and define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Requires strong attention to detail. Ability to participate in various banking and security training. Ability to facilitate meetings and effectively lead others.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills and knowledge of automating financial and accounting reporting systems and business processes, a solid experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.